Winessense is a new generation of vineyard management and analytics systems. The concept of dense in-canopy multi sensing from any and all the vineyards of interest is at the center of it. Now, both this concept and the system itself, correspond to the uniqueness of every vineyard. All this enables any user, without prior knowledge, to:
- see the vineyard status,
- predict the season development, and
- act for the best possible results.
It is a setting stone of climate aware and climate resilient precision viticulture.
The name is a bit unusual
Well, the name came after we have combined two words, wine and essence. And, yes, essense is misspelled. This is done on purpose, to remind us of the sensing component of the system that is so important. Somehow it seemed like the grapes are where the essence of wine comes from.
What is it all about?
Every winegrower knows their vineyard is unique. And that is rightfully so. Now it is possible to show that with vineyard data. Furthermore, not only that a vineyard is unique, but parts of it are too.
This uniqueness is a story told by a vineyard each season. And by the wine a vineyard grows each season. And by their capability to compress aromas, the essence, from the place they grow.
Winessense makes sure none of the micro aspects of the climate get unnoticed. It measures the climate and gives a full meaning to the data within the context of viticulture. It helps growers figure out the best way through the new climate conditions. These that we are all witnessing lately.
Who is it for?
Grape vines are grown on all the continents across our planet. To support that, there is no limit in technological deployment of winessense globally. However, some grower profiles are early-adopters. By no particular order here are some of them:
- Those whose only mission is to grow healthy grapes in spite of climate challenges they face. They use it to understand how serious the situation is and to make sure they deal with it duly
- Those who produce quality grapes and focus on details. And that is what they get. They can now see the details from every corner of their vineyards.
- Those who improve from season to season. They analyze the conditions, the actions and the outcomes. They get the tool for comparison and analytics.
- Those who are concerned about the environment and the longevity of their vines. And the well-being of their people that work their vineyards. They are looking to spray only when needed and where needed. They cut unnecessary treatments.
- Those who regard efficiency as critical. They get insights, predictions and notifications. Now they can prepare, plan and precisely execute their intentions in vineyards. No matter how remote they are.
- Those who want to share their vineyard story further. To inform their customers, fans and buyers. They use the data as a marketing tool.
- Those who are looking to start or change a vineyard. They are weighing their options within our current puzzling climate realm. They can request reports or a trial season.
And many more yet to come, that take actions daily, based on our tools. Both wine and table grape growers.
What does it all come down to?
Winessense perceives your vineyard in a unique way. It senses it through an in-canopy, multi-point, micro weather and micro climate network. Sensors measure air humidity and temperature, wind and precipitation. It takes samples every 5 minutes.
Therefore, it knows how climate drives events in your vineyards. It knows that thanks to field tested family of models it comes with. The models run on top of continuous data feed, both spatial and temporal. They are in charge of preparing parameters among others:
- 3 indices; biologically efficient degree days included
- 4 general parameters; leaf wetness and delta-t included and
- 5 disease models, starting with downy and powdery mildew pressures
and many others fundamental for winegrowing.
Finally, all of this is accessible to you, the user, through a mobile app. You have 24/7/365 access to:
- current status of vineyards,
- recent history charts,
- vineyard related forecasts,
- contextual and meaningful notifications,
- chronological development of the season,
- maps, distribution and predictions, and
- an extensive list of utterly simple, map visualized, and useful stats and features.
The app usage videos are available on our Youtube channel.
As one of our first users Aleksandar Todorovic says:
“Once you get used to Winessense, it is really hard without it. It helps me grasp what is going on and improve my vineyard management”
We have shared some more links in this blog, you could take a look at. So you can start from there.
Alternatively, you could reach out to us. You could do that using this get in touch button in the menu. Our social media pages are also at your disposal. While our youtube endpoint will get you up to date with the app itself and some other relevant content.